“BLAZBLUE: Continuum Shift” Announced! (Scans) *UPDATE
Posted by pKjd on Sep 23, 2009 @ 6:11 am
Artist homepage: Aslan no Tamashii
Below are scans from the October 2009 issue of Famitsu magazine. This BlazBlue follow-up, entitled 「BlazBlue: Continuum Shift」, will feature new characters, moves, stages, and other related content. It will be released soon for the arcade; and eventually for the Xbox360 and Playstation 3 consoles.
*all scans courtesy of EscapingJail from the Dustloop.com forums…
*New features known (*as of now):
- Character Tsubaki Yaoi now playable; (this should come as no surprise for those who finished Story Mode in the console version — she’s under direct orders to assassinate Jin and Noel.). She is a multi-hit character, making her user-friendly. Her drive is called “Install” and it powers up her existing special moves.
- At least one more new character confirmed.
- System changes; how it’s being balanced is not specified.
- New HUD.
- New stages; old stages redone.
- Arcade version will receive a Beginner Mode for easier input of combos/moves, etc.
- All existing characters will receive new moves; Rachel (new Distortion Drive), Carl (new projectile with Nirvana), Arakune (new curse attack), Ragna (new dive attack), etc.
- There will be a Loke Test this weekend at “Game Center Hey” in Akihabara.
- *UPDATE #1: Nu is now known as “Λ-11 (Lambda)” and has been nerfed to hell. An image of her new identity can be seen below.
- All character changes found here.
- New character portraits added below.
- *UPDATE #2: Tsubaki vs. Bang cam footage available below.
- *UPDATE #3: Hazama confirmed as second playable character. Scans available below.
In my opinion, Tsubaki’s outfit suits her just fine. No complaints there. Out of all the known features announced so far, I think seeing Rachel have a new Distortion Drive has me the most excited. Not all too thrilled about the new HUD, so it will take some getting use to. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever did this on the blog, but for those of you who have the PS3 version of the game and want to play a few rounds, feel free to add me: pkjd818. Always looking out for new BB players to add.
Posted: Games, News