“Marvel vs. Capcom 3″ Unveiled at Capcom Event *Confirmed
Posted by pKjd on Apr 17, 2010 @ 8:08 am
[Story Confirmed] – Which was first leaked by several sources early in the month — and what is now being reported on PlanetXbox360 and other sources — Capcom is set to formally announce another installment in the crossover fighting series, 「Marvel vs. Capcom」. Unveiled at Capcom Entertainment’s annual Captivate press event in Hawaii, 「Marvel vs. Capcom 3」 promises to be a real high-definition upgrade running at full 1080p, is disc-based, and include an extensive number of characters guaranteed to satisfy fans throughout. Screen shots and a possible trailer/teaser may be shown as early as next week.
[UPDATE 04.19.2010] — Trailer is now available here.
*Info courtesy of EventHubs:
- Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
- The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
- This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
- The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
- The game will run in 1080p resolution.
- It will be a disc-based release.
- Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
- The game will be playable at this year’s E3 which is held on June 15 – 17th.