The second loctest for the BBCS arcade sequel, entitled 「BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift II」, went underway earlier this weekend and a slew of new information was released to the public. In addition, someone recorded footage of actual gameplay of the next playable character from the series, Platinum the Trinity. Turns out the names of her attacks are actual references to classic mahou shoujo anime — thank you Arcsys. A look at her mechanics and move set can be found after the jump.
[UPDATE 10.11.10] – More Platinum gameplay videos added:
*All info courtesy of Dustloop
*Platinum the Trinity Details:
- Pressing the D button will randomly select one among 6 types of equipment/modes for her staff. After selecting, various techniques corresponding to the staff mode can be used (with certain restrictions).
- The following staff mode is notified at the bottom through the symbol next to the word NEXT
- At the beginning of the match she doesn’t carry any staff with her (probably meaning that you have to press D to make it appear)
- Everytime you push D with the equipped staff the number of times you can use the associated technique will decrease until the staff disappears becoming unequipped.
- Pressing the D button again once the staff has disappeared will make it appear again with the next type of equipment.
The type of magic equipment are:
- Bomb (6 times)
- Neko (5 times)
- Bin (4 times)
- Hammer (3 times)
- Missiles (3 times)
- Frying Pan (4 times)
- Good speed, good airdash
- Her airdash covers a lot of range, giving her the possibility of comfortably attacking in the air without falling easily on the ground
- Since her attacks with her staff don’t have a long reach, her special projectile moves do the job of covering long range fighting instead.
- Since her special moves are controlled randomly, she is a character that heavily depends on the situation she’s in (TLnote: I guess it’s referring to what power she has equipped, position, situation etc)
- 「Dream Sally (*Sally the Witch reference)」 (214A/B/C)
- 「Swallow Moon (*Sailor Moon reference)」 (j.236C)
- 「Mami Circular (*Magical Angel Creamy Mami reference)」 (236B)
- 「Air Persia (*Magical Fairy Persia reference)」 (236A – also executable in air) – followups A/B/C (up to three times) – tramples down the opponent from above with her pogo stick; the followups change the landing place, while the C followup is an aerial ender that earns more damage and okizeme.
- 「Dramatic Sammy (*Magical Girl Pretty Sammy reference)」 (41236D) – command grab: searches for the opponent while ground-dashing; grabs and imprisons the opponent inside a “heart” and blows it off. 1500 Damage.
- 「Mystique Momo (*Minky Momo reference)」 (214D, when weapons are equipped)
- 「Foreign Melody (*Onegai My Melody reference)」 (22C on knocked down opponent) – it might be possible to push the opponent towards the corner from the slide down
- 「Miracle Jeanne (*Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne reference)」 (236236D) – install super, the staff is equipped with “enhanched magic”, can only be used once and when it wears off the staff is unequipped
- 「Cure Dot Typhoon (*Pretty Cure reference)」 (632146C)
- 236236C (looks like Nanoha’s Starlight Breaker)