Earlier today, Famitsu released the opening cinematic to Arc System Works’ next installment in the Blazblue series, entitled 「BLAZBLUE: Chrono Phantasma」. You can view it after the cut.
In addition to the long awaited arcade intro, it was revealed that both Mu-12 and Nu-13 will be playable — so glad to have Nu back! Dustloop forum user SoWL provided some details on the return of the two popular story characters.
- Both Nu-13 and Mu-12 are playable
- Mu’s Overdrive is Steins Gazer (Geyser?), it makes her lasers faster
- Her AH got new animation
- Story mode: Noel wishes to control the power of the Azure to save Tsubaki and turns into Mu thanks to Rachel’s powers. She’s still the same old Noel inside.
- Nu’s Overdrive is Unlimited Drive, which increases the amount of swords summoned (like in her Unlimited version?)
- New move, Supra Rage. Nu does a backflip and strikes with her legs, making this a good anti-air move that also gives her some distance.
- No new info about the loketests.
One more note. According to Famitsu.com, the official arcade release date has been confirmed for late November — originally scheduled for Winter 2012.